September 22, 2020
Association of Shotokan Karate COVID Guidelines – 2020 Phase 2
The ASK will be reopening indoor training in Calgary October 1, 2020 and in order to proceed with a safe training environment the following COVID Policy will be in place. We are taking extra precautions to make sure individuals are able to train in a healthy and safe space.
Students will need to complete the ASK Checklist for COVID-19 every week in order to enter the dojo. These must be signed by a parent of a minor or a student who is over 18 years old.
Key Things:The checklist will be listed outside the dojo reviewing COVID-19 Policies. If any answers are “YES”, please leave the dojo and begin self-quarantine.
- Students are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- If a Sensei notices a student exhibiting any symptoms of illness, that student will be asked to leave.
- Students are required currently to bring their own equipment and reminded to disinfect it before and after use.
- Students are encouraged to use the washrooms at home prior to class to help minimize touching surfaces in the different facilities.
- Students are required to show up in their gi’s and ready to train.
- Students MUST arrive on time to class – LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED DUE TO SPACE
- Keep in mind physical contacted will be limited in classes including target holding and partner drills. Sparring is not permitted in Phase 2.
- Disinfecting products will be available by the Sensei’s. It is encouraged to sanitize hands and feet before and after each class.
- Class sizes have a MAX of 50 participants – this will be reviewed in the first 2 weeks to see if online registration will become required.
Arriving at Training:
- Students must wear a mask into the building and into the dojo’s. They are not required during training.
- All students are encouraged to remain respectful of the personal space of others.
- Please stay in your respective area in the dojo (some facilities might have taped sections for you to remain in).
- Parents are asked not to stay unless necessary for the student to help minimize interaction and space capacity.
- No Loitering.
- Wear your mask to exit the dojo and the facility.
- Thoroughly wash any materials brought to class including water bottles, clothing, equipment and gi’s.